Wednesday, October 8, 2008

4 3 2 1 Earth Below Us...


The background paper is from the new Three Bugs in a Rug Playtime line. It's really great for all things "boy." It's all double-sided and you really need two sheets of each 'cause it's all so stinkin' cute! :)

There's some fun details in this layout...I traced over the numbers with a white Glaze pen to give it some shine and texture. Then I used Stickles (Christmas Red) outlined with a white Souffle pen on the title. The rings and stars were cut on my Cricut Expression from Bo Bunny Double Dot cardstock. I popped some of the stars up for dimension. The photo turns/anchors are secured to the page with star brads! The rocket is an acrylic stamp image I colored with Glaze pens. And my favorite part...the rocket's smoke trail! I curled wire around my paper piercer (or paper poker as my friend Julie likes to say), flattened it, and adhered with tiny bits of Glue Dots. (I use Tim Holtz non-stick scissors to cut the Glue Dots.)

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Lisa,

This is a great layout, girl you are too creative!!! You have to let me know how you like your Cricut Expression, I have the little one, but I wish it was 12 x 12. I'm thinking of getting the inspiration or the bigger Cricut.