Wednesday, January 14, 2009

That's one Hip Croc!

I have the privilege of scrappin' my friend B's photos of her recent trip to Africa. She snapped many extraordinary pictures! Including a few that continue to give me the heebie-jeebies just thinking of them! EEeeeeeuuuuuuuuwwwwwww!

Here's two layouts I just completed:

Title stamped using Tim Holtz alpha stamps (thanks, M!) and Making Memories paint.  I also painted around the edges of the center pic (yes, it's supposed to be askew).



Close-up of journal tag - love the textures!


Based on a pagemap by Becky Fleck.  I used two paint colors and a crackle medium on the arrow.  Check out that stitching on the edge!

So it's not perfectly straight, but not bad for the first time machine sewing on paper.

Hey, B, hope you like what you see :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are so CREATIVE!!!! I love the layouts! I knew whatever you came up with I'd love!!! Lisa, YOU ROCK!!!

B

Sommer said...

Lisa these are super cute!!! Are there any tricks to sewing on paper? I haven't tried it yet with my new sewing machine. It will have to wait until after the move. You are super creative.