Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Inspiration

Are you behind in your Scrapbooking and don't know where to start??? Do you get overwhelmed every-time you think about it? Join the club, I have started Kaitlyn's book, but she is now 3 1/2 years old and I don't even have her first year done. I was trying to get motivated to complete the book but was having trouble figuring out where to start. I'm now on the road to completion. Here is what I did:

1. Pick a end point for your book. For me I'm just focusing on Kaitlyn's First year.

2. Decide what you want to scrap. Go through your photos for the time period you selected and figure out what events you want to scrap. Going in chronological order helps. You may have to go through the photos on your computer and the one's you have printed out. Make a list of the pages you want to complete as you go through your photos. Make sure you put the date of the event and whether or not you need to print photos. Remember you don't have to scrap every single moment.

3. Decide where you want to print your photos. I usually use Snapfish.com or Costco.com to print my pictures. I like Snapfish because you can have them sent right to your house, or you can pick them up at participating locations. Costco is also nice because you can set it up to put the event information and date on the back of the pictures. When you print your photos order some 5 x 7 or 8 x 10's, it's nice to have different size pictures when you are Scrapbooking.

4. Organize your photos by page layouts. Once you receive your photos in the mail, or in my case pull out the box of already printed photos, sort them by layout. Something that helps is to get your album and put the photos in the plastic sleeves for each page.

5. Collect supplies. Start with your first page and set of pictures, go through your existing supplies and find coordinating paper and embellishments. Do this for each layout and slide the coordinating papers and embellishments into the sleeves with your pictures. If you don't have a huge stockpile of paper and embellishments bring your scrapbook with all the photos sorted and tucked in the sleeves to Scrap-n-Stamp. We can help you find the paper and embellishments you will need to scrap.

6. Scrap your pages!! Most people like to go in order from the start of the book to the finish. Sometimes I just lack motivation and inspiration, so with Kaitlyn's book I scrap to the corresponding month. So this month I was inspired by the St. Patties day paper, so I scrapped her first Saint Patties day(below) and Easter.

I hope this helps you get organized and get Scrappin'.......

No comments: