Sunday, July 13, 2008

7-13-08 A Great First Week

I'm wearing my other "hat" now and wanted to share with you that my first week with my new class of second grade students was fantastic! My students are so eager to learn and help each other. Plus I already know many of my students' parents since I've had older siblings in previous classes. With wonderful students and lots of parent help I know this will be a great year! I'll keep you posted now and again about this school year (if it's ok with you).

Now... back to Scrap-n-Stamp. I hadn't been in the shop for over a week and even though I wasn't scheduled to work yesterday, I wanted to stop by and say hi to Chas, Marilea and Sommer and see what's new. (I also got a chance to talk to Lisa who called us from Leavenworth, Kansas!) Lots of new cards designed by Marilea (with some design assistance on some of the cards from Daniel, her husband, and me) for the Sizzlin' Summer Make-n-Take cards. Check out the new Dinosaur kid cards, birthday cards, congratulation cards and all occasion cards at the shop.
Sommer, Denise and Lisa have been busy creating page layouts with Disney, Hello Kitty, and Friends' themes . Some of these designs will be posted later this week.

I noticed new arrivals from Boxer -- acrylic stamp sets and charms, Melissa Frances -- rubons, clipboards, accordion albums and Sassafras Lass papers, stamps and stickers!!!

I'm having trouble posting a layout Lisa designed using Cosmo Cricket's Cogsmo line of paper. I'll try later today to post her layout.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Becky, I'm so glad you decided to pop in to the store when you did! I had sooooo much chattin' with all y'all on speaker :) And we even managed to stay out of trouble...or did we?! Hey, Deb, notice anything different in the store! (just kidding, girl!) hee hee