Saturday, July 26, 2008

A layout to share...



I created this layout for a contest on Becky Fleck's blog. I tweaked her map a little (I love that about sketches - they're a helpful starting point.) I stepped outside my comfort zone on this one a little bit. For the first time, I used paints on a layout. I painted the background paper, added some splatters to the printed paper, and painted the edges of the photo. I also had a few "oops" I had to fix. Originally I stamped and then embossed "FAMILY" but I didn't like the color and it was hard to read. So I restamped the letters with paint. The torn corner was originally another partial circle with brads, but my circle was wonky. :) Then I ran out of room for my journalling so I finished the story on card and tucked it behind the photo. The paper and chipboard accents (photo corner & circle tab) are from We R Memory Keepers White Out collection.

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Awsome layout Lisa!!! You are so creative.