Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm a scraplifter!

It's true! My creations are inspired by the work of others - usually from my favorite scrappin' magazines or blogs. Sometimes I copy it exactly as shown (CASE, copy and scrap exactly.) Mostly it's a starting point for me and I tweak it to suit my photos.

I use sketches all.the.time. With thanks to a scrappin' friend, I just discovered Valerie Salmon's blog Got Sketch? I also love Becky Fleck. Once a month she shares new and FREE sketches on her website pagemaps. Check 'em out.

Are you a scraplifter too? Let me know where you find inspiration by leaving a comment.

We encourage scraplifting in the shop. Next time you're in, look around at all the wonderful examples displayed throughout the store. If you're inspired by something you see let us know. One of the Girls can tell you what you need to make your own. And make sure you bring in your creation to share with us! We love to see what you do - it inspires us too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a total scrap lifer as well. I am always checking out the latest magazines or I spend hours on the web looking at what other people have done. YOur store has much to offer as well.

Sommer said...

I am totally addicted to www.Scrapbook.com You can post your layouts/cards and receive comments from people. You can also view other people's layouts and cards. Not to mention they have a ton of monthly challenges. It's so much fun!!!