Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/30/08 - Internship for our Marketing Assistant...

One day, out of the blues...Cori says to me..."Mommy, wouldn't it be a good idea if we had a contest at the store for Halloween." I said to her "Well, what do you have in mind?" And she says "I could fill up a jar up with fake spiders and see who can guess how many spiders are in a jar..." Of course, my reaction was "What a GREAT idea Cori! Who gave you that idea?" thinking she had just talked to "Auntie Becky" who is our VP of Marketing here at Scrap -n- Stamp. Cori says.."No one Mommy, I thought of it myself!" (Becky, you would be so proud of her!)

So I go on to tell her that since it was her idea, she would have to come up with what we needed to put the spiders in, how many and basically... she had to plan it from start to finish. The biggest challenge I thought was for her to think of a write up for the blog to let all of you know, but within 10 minutes she was typing away. If you see the computer in the background of this picture below (to the top right), her description about this contest was complete...and it goes like this:

"Hi, my name is Cori. My mom is the owner of Scrap -n- Stamp. I thought of an idea. We can put fake spiders into a jar and estimate the number of spiders. It's a contest to see who can guess the closest number of spiders in the jar. If you win, you will get some stuff from my moms store. Here's a picture of the jar. Good luck!"

Cori busy counting how many spiders she wants in the jar (only she knows!)


So there you have it...our intern for a future marketing director. Cori, mommy is so proud of your drive and efforts to make our little store so successful! xoxo!

For all of you out there...come take on this challenge and good luck!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's one smart & creative kid! You go, Cori!!! :)

Ashley Newell said...

She is SO cute! I'm gonna have to come enter because it's CORI'S contest! :)