Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September Challenge - So What! Sew Buttons!!!

Grandparents' Day is Sunday 9/7. So in honor of my Grandma, this month's challenge is to use buttons on a layout or a card. Why buttons? Because I inherited my Grandma's sewing notions including 100's of buttons. And buttons are HOT to use in paper crafting.

Your buttons can be actual buttons, chipboard, paper, felt, whatever! You can "dress" your buttons (use thread, ribbon, brads, etc through the holes) or leave 'em, ahem, naked.

Remember to bring your creation in to the shop by the 25th. The Girls will scan your work and return the original to you.

Here is Marilea's lovely card. She used Pink Paislee's Spring Fling line, some felt, and buttons.



My layout is my little Beauty (dressed as Sleeping Beauty) posing with her favorite princess, Belle (another beauty!). I used Bo Bunny's Ella line & Double Dot paper, Bazzill The Edge strips, various Primas, and loads of my Grandma's buttons.

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Love the LO Lisa!!! You and Marilea inspire me to create!!